Sunday 22 April 2012

Green IT Awards - Drinks with Snakes!

I've never had a drink with a snake, well actually I can think of a few individuals I have met with over the years that could be described as Serpentes or Ophidia, but never with an actually wriggling snake.
That was until last Thursday where the drinks and pre reception for the Green IT Awards was the reptile house at London Zoo, its quite unsetttling to be partaking of a glass of champagne under the watchful and to be honest baleful eyes of a long snake like creature, glaring as if to say "well, thank you very much, you come into my house, wake me up from my snooze and then you have the gall to drink in front of me!!"
Anyway, the awards were the usual mix of all encompassing "X of the Year, Y of the Year etc etc and I'm sure that all the receipients will be celebrating their inclusion into a green it hall of fame.
Well done to those that put their products or projects up for external assessment and received an award of some description, and commiserations to those that didn't win, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment