Tuesday 26 August 2014

Q4 Outlook

Hello again, its the day after the coldest bank holiday in August since records began and still we have some of the legislature in the US denying climate change, it simply is so depressing that some people are willing to jeopardize their childrens and grandchildrens future for short term gain instead of stepping up to the plate and designing solution(s) for the problems we face.

Anyway, enough of that, I've just taken a quick glance at my calendar for the rest of the year and have been pleasantly surprised at the work, conferences and other stuff I got pencilled in!

First up, I shall be attending the CDCAP course in Bury St Edmonds run by C-Net, more details here
Then I'll be off to the Energy Event at the NEC, more details here and probably shooting off to London to be a participant on the latest BCS Green IT SG webinar on the "What is a sustainable Data Centre?" more details here.
The day after I shall be in the DCA team at the 1st DCA Charity Golf day, more details here  

 The following week I'll be in London for DCA and BCS events followed by a BCS CEEDA assessment in Scotland.

The week after I'll be in Brussels for the annual EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres (Energy Efficiency) bets practices update meeting and something with DG Connect.

I'll then be off to London with the family for a very old friends 50th Birthday Party, this will be held at The Valley, home of Charlton Athletic FC, my team since childhood.

At this point my movements are subject to change as I may be in Melbourne, Australia to speak at the DCD converged Event, undertaking 2 possibly 4 BCS CEEDA assessments and visiting Mauritius for the 2nd time this year to undertake some training and possibly attend the BCS Mauritius Branch awards ceremony.

I'll then be back in Brussels for the Green Grid EMEA event on the 28th/29th October

I'll most definitely be in London from the 18th - 21st Nov to chair the DCA energy efficiency and sustainability committee, followed by the DCD London converged event where I shall be speaking and holding 121's with potential BCS CEEDA clients.

Then (If it goes ahead) I'll back back to Mauritius for the 3rd time this year to attend INFOTECH 2014 from the 23rd - 30th November.

Back to the UK for the final event of the year, the DCD awards on the 11th December.

After that little lot I'll be taking an extending Christmas break and will be back in the fold for Jan 2015.

I'm looking forward to it!

Of course I'll be updating the schedule and blogging about green IT and Data Centres as well, so until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment