Thursday 16 December 2010

Good Day

Well, today I attended the Green Grid Technical Update for EMEA.

Lots of things coming down the line from them, including the Data Centre Maturity Model, basically an extended and enhanced best practices guidelines to be read in conjunction with the EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres. We were advised that the Server manufacturers are really upping the ante with energy efficiency measures, and the advice is to put pressure on your server supplier regarding energy efficient equipment. this will in turn get fed back to the server manufacturers and hopefully lead to further innovation in the server sector.

I also had some good news, I passed my last OU Module and have been awarded a degree.
I can now put BSc (Hons) Tech (Open) after my name! I am very pleased, its only taken 7 years!

As the festive season is upon I would like to take the opportunity to wish all our readers the very best for the holiday season.

We'll see you in the New Year unless there is something really juicy to let you all know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment